Monday, September 28, 2009

New companion, Elder Ramos, enjoying my last weeks in Argentina

Dear you all, 9-28-09

Last Wednesday my companion got transferred to Ibarreta, Formosa. He was sad to leave but what are you going to do. My new comp is Elder Ramos. He's from New Jersey. His dad is from El Salvador and his mom is from Mexico. We get along really well and he's a really good kid. He goes home in January. So Libres will send yet another elder home. He was baptized when he was 12 with his mom, brothers and sisters. His parents have been divorced for a while but his family is strong in the gospel.

Time is ticking down for me and I'm trying to work as hard as possible. I'm hoping to see miracles with the members here. I think it's funny that now that there is so little time, I enjoy the mission more than ever.

I don't know if I'll know what to do when I get home. I'll have a new bishop and ward and who knows what else. It is certainly going to be interesting. There are way too many changes going right now. I think the next change I should hear is that Mom and Dad are moving into a new house. That would be a miracle.

Our investigator pool is a little dry right now. We are praying and fasting to find those that are prepared to receive us. I truly hope that the Lord sees us worthy of his blessings.

General Conference has us all excited. We talk to everyone about it. We are hoping to have lots of non-members there for some of the sessions. We handed out invitations to the members so that they could invite their friends. It will be nice to listen to conference in English this time around.

This Thursday we will be going to Resistencia to our regular meeting with the zone leaders and President. Next week we have conference and some time in this transfer we have to make a trip to Monte Caseros to pick up the things that were left there when it was closed three transfers ago. My comp said that Monte Caseros is the only place in the whole mission where you can see Uruguay so I'm pretty stoked about that trip.

Bueno, love you all and expect to hear from you before I come home. CHAU

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: