Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Elder Hunsaker!

Thanks for the letters and for the Happy Birthday wishes. I still haven´t received anything in the mail but it should be here at zone conference this Friday. It will be the first zone conference for Presidente del Castillo. It also means another trip to the capital and WALMART. Peanut butter here I come.

I spoke with the mission doctor and I said that I have a sinus infection. He has me taking some antibiotics to get rid of it. Hopefully, it won´t return. My ankle is doing much better too.

My comp and I have been trying to straighten things up in the branch recently. He is the 2nd counselor and I´m the secretary. We do the finances and we are going to try and update the list of members. We came to realize that the missionary work doesn´t run so well without a branch. We have been meeting with less active members and figuring out why they stopped coming to church. We have heard a few things. Sometimes it has to do with members offending each other. Other times it has to do with leaders offending members. We spoke with a woman that wasn´t accepted very well when people found out she had HIV. This goes to show what can happen when people just aren´t understanding and don´t study things out. A few members are really old and can´t physically make it all the time or ever. In any case we are helping these people to remember their covenants with God and letting them know that they are still needed and wanted. We have a total of 238 members on our list and only a turn out of 30 or less. We have had some success in finding investigators through these less active members which is a reason why we are going to continue searching out the members. We also saw success with one less active Melchizedek priesthood holder that came to church this past Sunday. It makes me really happy to see these people return to the arms of an always receiving Savior and his fold. It also makes me happy when our classes are full.

Today we spent our day fishing in Bella Vista with the elders here. We will be doing divisions tomorrow and then meeting up in the cumbi to go to zone conference Friday. Here are some photos of the day. On the way here our colectivo (bus) decided to die on us. We waited 20 minutes for our rescue colectivo. We went from blue seats to orange seats. Saying that makes me think of Jared and his Broncos. We fished with one of the members here. My comp and the other elders played rugby with the member while I played dead laying on a blanket in the sand taking my Argentine siesta. My comp caught a 10 inch fish and then released it. He was the only one to catch anything. Darren would love Bella Vista. I think anyone would love Bella Vista.






The other night a big storm passed through here. It brought lightning and thunder with it. My comp and I decided to take a few photos of the lighting. He was telling after that he has always wanted to do that. It was quite tough to get time to photo right. They turned out really well though.



Mom, thanks for the sheet music. Hopefully everything continues to go well in the lives of everyone. Wish I could be there to visit with Ben and Sierra. I also wish I could see the Olympics, oh well. Love you all. Chau Élder Hunsaker

No comments: