Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Well today was a fun p-day. We went fishing with the elders quorum in the Paraná. We didn´t catch anything but we had a good time. I learned how to fish without a pole. We had chorripan and enjoyed the morning. It was really nice to just relax even though fishing is one of my least favorite things to do.

This past week was a tough one. My comp and I were both slightly sick with a mild cold. The sicknesses here seem to pass in a large circle and then return. A lot of the members get sick frequently here too. It might have something to do with allergies but I don´t know. The sicknesses are hard to avoid when the diet isn´t the greatest and it is nearly impossible to improve it.

Here is a little information that may sound familiar. I twisted my ankle about three weeks ago playing fútbol. I didn´t have any problems with it and then I twisted it two weeks later. The second time I hurt it pretty bad but it didn´t swell or anything. I then twisted it for a third and final time. It swelled up almost immediately after and I couldn´t walk very well. I spoke with and Hma del Castillo and the mission doctor. I went to the hospital for an x-ray and everything is fine. I am now wearing a brace and will be for a little while. The doctor had me take an x-ray because it hurt really bad and because they are free.


When we came home from the hospital we found our buddy Kevin that now comes by our house every day with fresh baked churros with dulce de leche in the middle. We decided we would put him through college by purchasing his churros. He is a really funny kid. We are friends with all of the kids here. They are always coming up to us to shake our hands and say hello.

Because of this young man I have gone up 15lbs during my time here. The diet certainly helped with that too. Summer should burn everything off.

As a not for mom, my companion told me to tell you all about his “accident”. I wasn´t planning on saying anything but he insisted. I thank you for the words of wisdom.

We had a really nice district meeting yesterday. One of the sisters taught us about prayer. She taught it from preach my gospel. It had been a while since I had read that section. Everything in it is so true. It says that our prays should be more like a face to face discussion. I´ve never agreed with that more. It says we should give a complete account of our day. She gave such a good lesson. I wanted to get back to the pench just to practice what I had learned. Prays are so important and I love praying. Whenever I´m down, I can always share my thoughts with my padre celestial. Sometimes it is hard to express myself in castellano but I try my hardest to get it all out in castellano. I know that god answers prayers. I have received more strength from him right now than ever before. I hope that I can find more time to pray like I should.

Everything sounds good back home. I pray that it continues that way. I love you all and we´ll talk next week. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

p.s. I did receive the letter with the two packets of pills. It took a while because of the office members.

No comments: