Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playing jokes on the EQP

I am starting to believe that mom is a slight pessimist. I send photos and she thinks that I won´t be sending a letter. I hope everyone enjoyed that letter that I did send. As to the questions asked in the email this week, Q: “Are you just sleeping in your sleeping bag?” A: Yes, I am sleeping in my sleeping bag because the blankets in the pensión are a little bit disturbing and because it is really cold. Q: “Besides your bathroom and bedroom what other rooms are up stairs?” A: There are a total of four bedrooms upstairs, 1. Our sleeping room, 2. His clothing room, 3. My clothing room, 4. An unused exercise room, and the bathroom of course. Q: “Does your bathroom have a bidet?” A: Yes it does and it works too.

That article that you sent me sounds a lot like the mission here in Goya. Transfers have come and gone. However, everything stayed the same. I´ll be with Elder Patton for 6 weeks more here in Belgrano. We are really excited to change our work tactics and put our efforts into more reactivation of less actives. We hope to find more investigators that way too. We have been clapping and clapping but nothing has really progressed in that manner. We have a very small pool of investigators right now but we are hoping for a baptism within that pool. There are a few prospective ones.

Last night the branch had their weekly meeting. In this meeting they share scriptures and then suggestions and oppinions. It is helping to strengthen the bonds between members here. It is working quite well. We assisted the meeting last night and had the opportunity to play a little joke on Hmo. Moratto the elders quorum pres. He was reading with his bifocals that look similar to my glasses so I decided to make a swap. He didn´t read anything for a little while but the time came to read and he scooped up my glasses and put them on. Immediately he took them off and looked at them but didn´t notice any difference and tried putting them on again. He took them off again and then tried cleaning them as if that would help. After the second cleaning process he look at my because I was laughing uncontrolably. He then noticed that I had his glasses on. I had had them on ever since I made the switch. We had everyone laughing last night. It is a good thing that Hmo. Moratto is just a big kid or he might have been mad.


My companion is like a 75 year old man with bladder problems and all sorts of other problems. We were walking home from lunch with Hma. Perez when he had a sudden urge. The urge became something more than an urge and he ended up wetting his pants in the middle of the road. The wet marks on his pants didn´t appear for a little while but then there they were like flowers in bloom. What a sad face and oh so so so embarrasing. It hurts me to walk with him now. And I thought that I had problems. The funny thing is, he thought that he didn´t have “problems”. Poor kid.

At the meeting I decided to take a few photos of the kids in the branch. There are a few photos from other occasions.


I have finally purchased my very first “Argy” deodorant. I just thought you´d like to see what it looks like. It is a little different in shape and everything. It is really interesting.

I have a few photos of stuff in my area.

Some graffiti or something. There are some birds that fly to California from here during the migrating season. I´ll be flying with them some season.

Don´t mention anything about Malvinas when you´re in Argentina. They aren´t very happy about it.

My area from atop the monoblok just like the ones on the other side of those houses.


And you thought I was serving a mission. I´m really just driving trucks all around Argentina and Brazil. Mwuahaha...

Another cathedral. They say that this is a replica of the basilica in rome or something.


Some art engraved in a wall in centro.

My comp could have used this a few days ago. Haha

I hope that everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the emails and the support. My birthday comes up this transfer and I get to celebrate with Elder Patton and a nice big bucket of icecream. I´d to hear from a few people but I won´t point fingers as to who. I just hope that the guilt with be bigger than any one of my fingers. I´ll make sure to take a photo of my shoes and we´ll see what´ll happen won´t we. Love you all and we´ll talk next week.

Elder Hunsaker


No comments: