Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I have finally met my new president and his family. They are nice and we'll see if I really like him. He is from Buenos Aires and talks just like them. Shhh this and Shhh that. That is how they speak there.

We had a finally asado with Elder Ramos today. He will be heading home in one week. However, he will be making a tour of the mission with his mom in one week also. He said he'd stop by with his mom so that she can make chilean empanadas. I hope she wants to cook.

Now you all know what my pensión looks like and how big it is in comparison with my last. At the moment our shower is broken so it's cold water or nothing for the next few days.

Transfers are this upcoming week. My comp thinks that we'll stay here together one more transfer. I'm not too sure that is going to happen. He has 3 months here and the area is really small.

This next month we should have a baptism here in the branch. We are also going to start having piano and English classes for the branch. Our next missionary/ward activity is going to be a Jeopardy activity with questions, photos, and sounds of church topics. It should be really fun. We will be inviting the other branches to make some small groups so we can have a little competition.

The cold weather has officially come back into Goya. It came with our new president on the day of interviews. It poured all night long and we had a huge thunder storm. I enjoyed it but my shiny shoes didn't.

Speaking of shoes, mine have cracks in the bottom of one pair. I hope that they stay sealed for the next 6 months if that be possible at all. So with that said I may be in the need of shoes sometime soon.

Y bueno, quiero compartir mi testimonio con ustedes porque siento que es necesario. Sé que Dios realmente vive y que nos cuida día tras día. Sé que tenemos muchas pruebas de nuestra fe para que tengamos mas fe. Yo testifico cada día que las familias pueden ser eternas y sé que es la verdad. Este evangelio bendice a todas las personas que lo viven. Les dejo mi testimonio en el nombre de nuestro salvador Jesuscristo. amen. I love you all a ton and thanks for being there.

Here is the translation
Well, let me share with you my testimony because I feel it is necessary. I know that God really cares that we live and every day. I know we have ample evidence of our faith if we are to have more faith. I testified every day that families can be eternal and I know that's the truth. This gospel blesses all who live. I leave my testimony in the name of our savior Jesus Christ. amen.

Until next week,
Elder Hunsaker

No comments: