Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9th - Argentina Independence Day

So I didn't write one week and Mom calls the office and uses the cover of checking to see if the families dropped off my stuff. I hope that everyone enjoys the pictures. The card reader works really well and I'm happy that I can send pictures again. My mission president has been here since the 30th of June and I still haven't met the guy. I hear he is super excited to be here and that he has a good sense of humor. Someone said he was running around in Resistencia doing contacts and giving pamphlets to everyone. It'll be good to see him. We have interviews with him on the 21st. Today is independence day here. There was a big parade in centro. We didn't go to see it because we were going to play fútbol. We saw a little but it was just a bunch of flags and soldiers.

My comp and I are continuously trying to find new investigators. We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators for August 2nd. We hope to see more success. We finally taught the woman that told us that she had seen the missionaries walking in front of her house for years but never spoke with her. She said that when she opened the door to the house the first thing she saw was Christ on the front of the plan of salvation pamphlet. She needed a message from Christ and there we were. I think it's amazing how we find Christ when we least expect it but when we need Him most. Her husband had recently been put in the hospital for pressure problems. He is doing better now and so is she. She is a really nice lady. We had a few funny experiences with doors this past week. One person tried to slam the door in our face but the door flung back open when it hit the frame. One lady opened her door right when we were about to knock. It scared her half to death as she jumped back inside the house. Another lady came out and screamed, "we don't want any evangelists we're catholic!". I just thought it was funny that she started saying that before she had seen us.

The branch in Centro had another talent show this past weekend. Everyone really gets into these talent shows here. I'll take some pictures of the pensión and send them next week. I can't believe Adam and Sam are now married. That's crazy! Congratulations to Tricia and Sierra. Your kids will have a whole year and some before I see them. Happy Birthday to Jared, Coby, and any child that might have been born without my knowledge. I will now attempt to be a poet====>

"Darren should write me like a good brother should. Darren should write me like a good brother would. Everyone else writes me just like they should. To me it would seem possible that even Darren could." -Elder Hunsaker

I do believe that this poem would have gotten me an A in 2nd grade. Maybe it'll at least get me a letter from Darren. I hope that everything continues to go well back home. Love you all and hope to hear from more of you. Hasta Luego

Élder Hunsaker





No comments: