Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Testimony of the Prophet, Joseph Smith

Well I sat down at the computer and found that emails are a little bit sketchy today. I haven´t received anything from mom and that is an interesting thing because she always writes. Maybe this is one of those taking for granted lessons. So I guess this is a big THANK YOU to everyone that writes me. Please don´t stop. haha.

My companion and I are getting along great. My Spanish has improved even more. He is from San Fernando, Buenos Aires. His dad lives there and his mom lives in Tarrasa (Barcelona, Spain). He was baptized when he was 14 and is the only member of his family. He is a really good elder.

Zone conference is coming up this next week and it will be another fun trip to Corrientes. I really enjoy the trips in cumbi and colectivo.

There really isn't anything new and amazing here in Belgrano. We found a really great family the other day. The dad is awesome. He has a large bag filled with material from the Jehovah Witnesses. He is really accepting and has gone through a lot in his life.

I've come to realize that I´m happiest when I´m teaching people that want to listen. People that really are confused and want more light in their lives. We call them los escogidos (the chosen or prepared). Heavenly Father works with his children before we even meet them. I know God loves each and every one of us.

I've been studying in Doctrine and Covenants lately and it has really strengthened my testimony of José Smith(Joseph Smith). I know without a doubt that from the time of Christ and his apostles until 1820 there really hadn't been a prophet called and set apart from God. I've come to realize that Joseph Smith has brought forth so many "good fruits". I know and I testify that God has restored his church through Joseph Smith (Yo sé y testifico que Dios ha restuarado su iglesia por medio de José Smith). This church is true in whatever language that we speak. The doctrine of the church comes from God and this doctrine is not a changing doctrine. It is eternal and and it was taught in the beginning to Adam the first man and prophet. Christ still directs his church through his prophet and that is why this church is true. I love you all and hope that the spirit will testify with me of these things.

I love you all and hope to hear from soon. Chau!

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: