Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Maria and Antonio Britez Baptism

3- 4-09
Well it's been awhile,
So my companion performed his first baptism three days into the mission. I tried to get him to do the confirmation but he wussed out. Luckily I hadn't added his name to the baptismal record. The baptism turned out really well. We had a lot of people there with mostly just the family of Antonio Britez because they are almost all members. After the baptism, we were invited to the asado that they were going to have. So my Elder Pruess has his first baptism and asado in the same day, how lucky. He stuffed his face and then Elder Stone and I stuffed our faces with cake and steak. We took the pictures to make Elder Robertson jealous. Haha.

The night of transfers we were at the house of the Sister Quintana having an FHE. We were playing a really funny game. The goal of the game is to eat as much of the alfajor (cookie filled with dulce de leche) as possible. However, you have to roll 5 on the die and then put on a bunch of ridiculous clothing articles (Hat, gloves, tie, scarf, etc...). Elder Robertson ate quite a bit of the alfajor with the fork and the knife that you have to use. We had just finished when the zl's called with the transfers info.

While I was in the mission office I took a couple of pictures. I took one in front of the office. Before our dinner with president, the trainers were waiting in the back part of the mission home where they have the province maps. I decided to take some photos of myself and my first area. I thought I'd take some of all the provinces so that you can all understand things better. After I found my comp I took the traditional greenie trainer photo. It looks somewhat similar to the picture I took with Elder Patterson.

I have the branch council tonight because I couldn't have it last week with all of the changes. We will be talking about future elders and planning more meetings. I hope that everyone shows up. Sunday was a nice and calm day. We had a really nice testimony meeting and there were 34 people in church. We are still searching for a chapel in our area. The task is not an easy one. Our area just doesn't have large homes or anything like it. I know that things will get a whole lot better and easier if we can just get a chapel close by the members.

I love you all and hope for the best. Talk to you soon. My comp has a few photos of us cleaning the baptismal font. I tell about that story next week.

That's all folks!

Anciano Hunsaker

No comments: