Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday "Matthew Potter" And The Hideous Birthmark

Dear sweet family,
In case you didn’t notice, I didn’t write yesterday. The whole zone was in Resistencia for zone conference. We left Libres at 2pm and we arrived in Resistencia at 8:00pm. We did divisions with the elders from the office for the last hour and then we ate pizza with them and the assistants. It has been a while since I’ve eaten a pizza from a restaurant. The zone slept in the assistant’s pench. They have a lot of 3 man bunk beds for when the greenies come.
The conference was really fun. We talked about the basics of missionary work. Elder Zivic shared with us the statistics of the other missions in South America south area. He said that we have more new investigators, baptismal dates, and more Sunday assistance than almost all of the other missions and yet they baptize almost 2 times the amount that we do. It is definitely a worry that the mission and the area have. Something just doesn’t add up. President spoke with me about this in our interview last transfer. Elder Zivic said that we need to find the WHY and fix it.

My boy Elder Pruess, me, and my nephew Elder Stone (nephew because he calls me tío)




A tiny miracle occurred during conference. I was assigned a musical number for the conference. When I got there, the sustaining pedal on the electric piano wasn’t working at all. I messed with it for a while and nothing worked. During a 15min break I explained to Pres. Del Castillo that it wasn’t going to sound good at all and if he wanted me to play still or what. He said that he did and so I went to work trying to figure out what was wrong. I gave a quick pray and the solution came quickly. I wedged two hymn books below the two other pedals and PLUFF! The pedal worked and I was able to play without problems.
On my birthday we went to Mercedes to do a baptismal interview. While there my comp treated me to some ice cream from Grido. Later that day we were invited by the Dos Santos family for FHE. They had cake and brazilian hot dogs for us. It was really nice of them. Brother Dos Santos is the District president. They went to Brazil the other day and brought me some grape fanta as an early birthday present. The first grape soda I’ve had in almost 2 years.



The morning before conference we were getting up and one elder decided not to move at all so I decided to jump on him to get him up. I was still half asleep and so when I jumped, I slightly cleared him and smacked my head into the wall leaving a nice goose bump on my forehead. I later realized that I skinned my forehead a little bit against the wall which left me with a nice looking scab/birthmark. The swelling kind of went down for the conference but the skinned part of my forehead looked worse and worse. Luckily only 5 people asked me what happened. Elder Zivic and Pres. Del Castillo weren’t in that 5. One sister really thought it was a birthmark. Man that would be a hideous birthmark.


Well that pretty much sums up the wonderful week of Elder Hunsaker. I received the package and am very thankful. Thanks for the tie. Thanks to everyone who wrote me for my birthday and to those who didn’t there is still time to repent. I love you all. Take care. Chau
Elder Hunsaker

Photos
The bridge to Corrientes/Chaco

This is how I kept myself entertained during our trip. It works wonders with grumpy children.

“The Elder King” and I. ERSA is definitely the best colectivo. We love the ERSA,

EL FIN
(the end)

No comments: