Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Saludos,
Another transfer has come and gone. Our whole zone stayed the same so we don’t have any work to do bringing elders here. My comp is happy to be here one more at least. I’m glad he is staying because we are going to be doing a lot of work here and he is a worker. The transfers are just disappearing faster and faster for me. This last one just seemed like a long day. Jen told me that Jason Rounds has my days counted. I figure that he probably has an Elder Hunsaker shrine in his room with a calendar full of black “sharpie” x’s. At least someone is excited to see me. Speaking of going home, we had a service project out at the huerta (garden) last Thursday and that was a terrible reminder of home. Haha. I was extremely happy to find out that we would not be doing any weeding.☺




The Baptism of Maria del Carmen Linares went really well and she made it to church on Sunday to be confirmed a member of this wonderful church and recieve the Holy Ghost. She was definitely prepared by Heavenly Father before we were introduced to her. The Fernandez family that was there with us teaching is amazing. They did everything for her and for us. I wish it was always this easy to find and baptize. If only the Fernandez family were in every branch in our mission. Maria’s dad is our next goal. He is a really nice guy and will most likely make it to the waters of baptism in September.


-FUNNY STORY- After the baptism we were walking through the train yard and there was a train leaving right then. We were about to cross the tracks but it started moving so we followed along side of it. When we got out of the train yard I saw the railroad crossing barriers coming down to stop cars from crossing. As I was watching the train I saw a man on his moto get smacked in the head with the falling railroad barrier. It was hilarious. I would have felt bad if he hadn’t had his helmet on. Right after being struck by the arm he backed up a little ways from the tracks and made a U-turn. He probably turned around not only to avoid the train but also the embarrassment.
I hope that everyone is fine and dandy. We’ll see what next week has in store. Love you all. Here is a Little trivia for next week. How old was John the Baptist when he was ordained? Adios,
Elder Hunsaker

P.S. I will be really old in 5 days

-PHOTOS-

Eva and I

Elder King & Eva Peron

ART & STATUES






No comments: