Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bella Vista - District Meeting

We spent our day in Bella Vista again. This time we were at the house of some members. We had a really tasty asado. I tried papaya or some type of mango. It wasn't all that great. We played football with a member. He didn't quite understand that you can't throw the ball whenever you want. Elder Rapp (the Branch President here) explained all the rules and things after we played. They were drawing plays on paper and everything. It was really funny. We had the monthly district meeting where all the branch presidents come and receive a little talking to from the district presidency. In our branch we have a lot of less active members. We also have a slight problem with pride and gossip. It is really hard to motivate the members for long periods of time. I really hope that they come to the conclusion that if they work extremely hard now things will be easier as time goes on. My companion is about to hit his year mark and can't hardly believe it. I've got a bit of time until that moment but I'm sure it will fly by as well. We have had a little bit of success in finding new families to teach. Thanks for finding the SD card reader for me. I can't wait to receive it so I can send you photos from the past couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone for sending me emails this week. I wished I had more time to write back more than a few lines. I'm continuing to try my hardest to be exactly obedient so I can receive the blessings from doing so. I know Heavenly Father blesses those that try and do. I'm thankful for all your letters and love. Gracias por todo lo que hacen ustedes. Con amor, (translation - Thanks for everything what you do, with love)

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: