Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Teaching the Gospel in Five Minutes

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 19:45:4o

Well I spent my p-day in Bella Vista playing soccer on the shore of the Paraná river. After our little outing by the river we as a zone ate at some place with a really big Milanesa sandwich. I wasn't able to buy a cable for my camera because Walmart Argentina isn't like Walmart in the states. It would be good if you could get an XD card usb port adapter thing instead of a cable. Just ask Darren and he'll know what that is.

I'm doing well here in Goya. My soccer skills are progressing along with the language. We've started doing lots of short 5 minute lessons in our contacts with people. It works out really nicely and allows us to bring the spirit to the people that we contact. Doing these types of contacts we are finding more people to teach. President Shakespeare with be leaving on June 30 I think. He has one more zone conference and that's it.

The weather has been cold and rainy. Elder Patton has been dying with all the cold air. Given that he is from Boca Raton, Florida and has never felt air colder than 62 degrees or something like that. Those parasites that the Halls have are with them because they served in the ghetto South American countries. Just kidding! I heard a story about the water in Paraguay from a sister missionary in my branch. She said there were actual worms that came out of the faucets. Nasty!

We've been teaching an elderly couple. They are really nice to the missionaries. We tried setting a date with them for a goal of being baptized. He told us he would set the date and that he's not going to die anytime soon. He's like 75 years old and telling me he's not going to die soon. huh. I explained that any of us can go home to our creator when he needs us. He understood that and we committed him to select a date by our next visit. I hope he follows through with his promise. They are a really interesting couple. They make little cigars and sell them for 10 cents. My comp wants to make a cigar just so he can say he made one. haha.

Oh ya, the reason why I pulled money out was because I had transfers, divisions, and some other refundable costs and when the end of the month came we hadn't received any money and we were broke. I was drinking powdered milk and if I had that orange juice mix from bishops store house I'd have been drinking that too. haha. It wasn't that bad but I did need extra money. Also, I can't buy Reese's in the Walmart here. I hope to send photos soon. I have quite a few. I love you all and I hope all is well with those people that I don't ever hear from. HHMMMM...Melissa, Danny, Ben, Tricia, Jen, Nate, Steve, Shawn, Darren. I know your lives aren't that busy.

Mucho amor. Chau.

Élder Hunsaker

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that I ate carpincho milonesa for lunch yesterday with a member family here. It was really good. It has the texture like pork but taste nothing like it. Maybe it taste a little like it but I can't remember what pork tastes like. Love you all. Hasta Luego

No comments: