Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Carta Semanal

Date: Wed, 28 May 2008

Well we had the zone conference this past Thursday. It was held in Corrientes Capital. We left our pensión at 3:00 am and arrived there at 8:00 am. Pres. Shakespeare couldn't make it to the conference because there was some sort of a riot on the bridge between Resistencia, Chaco and Corrientes Capital. With Pres. not there the assistants were in charge of the whole conf. After the conference finished we went to Walmart and it was almost like being in the states. I didn't find a cord for my camera so I'll be working on that one for a while. I did however find a jar of peanut butter that was a little expensive for peanut butter but you gotta do what you gotta do. It was only $13 pesos (4 dollars and that was just creamy, crunchy was more) On Saturday we had a ward activity where the elders quorum pres. cooked a soup dish called locro. It has all sorts of things in it like cow stomach, cow nerves, cow something, and some good pieces of actual meat. I have pictures that I'll eventually send of the soup and how they cooked it. The pot was about the same size as me. On Sunday my comp and I gave talks in sacrament meeting. Everyone said they enjoyed them a lot. The work is kinda slow here in Goya. There aren't many people that want to listen to us. I don't know what happened but I didn't receive many emails this time around.....like 2 or 3. I hope that everything is going well. I need to add one more thing. Happy Birthday Dad! ¡Felíz Cumpleaños Papá! I love you all and I'll talk to you next week. ¡Chau!

Con amor,
Élder Hunsaker

P.S. What's the situation on the package with the parents that were coming down here?

No comments: