Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Transferred to Goya, Corrientes

Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:29:50

I am no longer in Santa Clara. I will be in Goya, Corrientes. Corrientes is just south of Misiones. I am excited to see a little bit of new terrain. I heard that there are carpinchos in Corrientes. Carpinchos are the over sized rodents like in the movie, Princess Bride. I really want to see one. Hopefully I can find the right card so I can call home. I hope my new comp wants to call home on Saturday. I'm leaving Santa Clara with plenty of families for the next companion of Elder Martinez. I get to ride in a colectivo for 7 1/2 hours. Down here they have Mother's Day in Cctober instead of May. I don't know when they have Independence Day here. My Spanish has really improved being a companion with Elder Martinez. My vocabulary has expanded tons. My next companion is Elder Patton from Boca Raton, Florida. Corrientes Capital has a Wal-mart that I can visit when we have zone conference. This past week we spoke with a less active member that doesn't go because she was offended by someone. We told here that she needs to pray to our Father in heaven and explain her situation like she explained it to us. We told her that when she does that Heavenly Father will let her know where she needs to be every Sunday. The majority of the time we know what our Heavenly Father wants but we are to stubborn/prideful to submit ourselves to His will. Heavenly Father wants us in church every week and He wants us to follow his guidelines for life. I know that He knows us personally and that we can confide in Him all our thoughts and plans. He will answer and He does. I love having the opportunity to have such a close relationship with our Father in heaven. I'll let you all know what my new area is like when I know.

Love you all. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

p.s. Photos next week

No comments: