Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I know that Christ lives

There might not be photos this week because the computer that I am using won't allow me to remove my photos from my camera. That so cool that Gilbert is going to receive a temple. Looks like the Hunsakers are going to all live in Gilbert. haha. It is a 5 hour difference from here to Vegas. We can call any day near to Mothers Day as far as I know. I hope that pills is code peanut butter and goodies. And yes I hope they arrive, *wink* *wink*. This morning was freezing. You all need to try the electric shower. If the water is freezing, the electric shower doesn't heat it very much. The temp was 50 degrees. The baptism went really well. We had cake like usual. There is a type of water heater in the church that we started up so we could fill the font with warm water for Sebastian. He had to be baptized twice because his foot popped out of the water. The second time was hilarious because he practically sat down in the water and then Pres. Lopez lifted him out. haha. Dulce de leche is everywhere here. It is kinda like caramel. I am glad that you saw the mate cups. I still haven't seen a true gaucho. Everyone needs to try the alfajores that they have here. Alfajores are like mini cakes with dulce de leche filling or other fillings. They are really tasty. Today my zone is going to have an asado (BBQ) at the house of the zone leaders. They are going to buy tons of beef, chicken, and sausages. I can't wait to eat. I have quite a few pictures that I want to send. I have one of a colectivo (the buses we use). We had an investigator family in church this past Sunday. We visited with them after and he asked what the speaker meant when he said, "I know that Christ lives." The father of the family thought that he meant Christ lives in all us in the meeting and that because we were gathered in his name he lives in us. We explained to him that Christ truly lives and so does our Father in Heaven. That they have bodies like ours. More and more my testimony grows. I know that Christ lives that this life is but a short time. We have a Heavenly Father just as we have a father here on the earth. We can talk to our father just the same as we can talk to our Father in heaven. If we have this thought in our minds constantly, I know we will have more power to resist the temptations of this world. I love you all and I can't wait to talk with everybody. Today is my "cumplemes". I have been in the mission 6 months.
Con amor,
Elder Hunsaker
I got permission to send the photos I couldn't send earlier. Here are the pictures that I wanted to send and more.


1. Baptism of Sebastian.


2. Us with Sebastian.


3. Colectivo that says proud to be a missionary.


4. The street that we live on.


5-6. Our meal with the Gomez Family. mmmm.... rice and beans.




*Parental Advisory for picture below*




7. This cat was found "sleeping" in the well of water that the zone leaders use in their house...gross.


8. We had an asado the same day we found the cat...hmm... what a coincidence???


9. My zone minus two

No comments: