Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Description of Branch in Santa Clara

I have bad news to share with you all. I'm coming home early.....not! The news is that the tarantula was dead and not alive and now I'm less of a man. haha. As far as the branch goes. We have only 15 active members. Sometimes we have 30 in the church but it is usually around 20 people in church every week. We have priesthood, relief society, and primary separate for our first hour. Second hour they have gospel doctrine men and women together and our principles class is with the ward. Our primary has like 2-5 kids maybe 7 on a good day. Our members are helpful they're just few. We have a baptism of a 9 year old this Saturday. His mom is a member but was inactive for a little while. He was supposed to be baptized last Saturday but it rained like crazy the Sunday before and they didn't show up to church. We have had a little bit of success in finding families this last week. We now have 6 families that look promising. We found a family of 6 yesterday. The parent's names were easy to remember but this kids have like 3 first names and there is no way I can remember a name like Ramon Miguel Dionicio for six different kids. As for the photos, I decided to treat myself to a box of fruit loops this past week. They were tasty. We've been having a lot of fog in the mornings so I decided to take a picture and send it. Hopefully you can see it well enough. We attended a wedding of two members of our branch. They asked if we could take photos for their family and we did. I have at least two weeks more here in Santa Clara. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting transferred. I'm not quite sure when our new mission president will arrive. Hermana (sister) Shakespeare is ready to head home where people speak English. I've heard that it is cheaper for you to buy a calling card and call me for Mothers' Day. My comp had his parents call the phone in the church building last time and I think I'll be doing the same. It will be difficult to plan now because I'll be in a new area so I'm not sure on the number. When is Mothers' Day? Hopefully I can figure things out. Everything is going well in my area. Hope all is well with everyone back home. Love you all.

Chau,
Elder Hunsaker

(Date of email: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:49:53)






No comments: