Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Testimony of prayer and of a mindful Heavenly Father

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:19:07

Those pictures of Shawn were awesome. He is such an Ironman. My comp and I have found some new and promising investigators. We would have a baptism this Saturday but the two investigators didn't come to church because of the huge storm that passed through here. So the baptisms have been set back a week. The storm that came through brought cold weather with it. Now I sleep in my sleeping bag instead of with a sheet. It is really weird to be in the middle of the year with cold weather. I feel like I should be drinking egg nog and getting ready for Christmas. Because of the weather change we sing Christmas hymns in our district meetings. I hope you enjoy the photos that I sent. I'd like to give a happy birthday shout to Jenny. ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! I apologize for the randomness but it just came to me. I really haven't had any allergies here. In the beginning of February, I had a scratchy throat for a week or so but other than that I really haven't had any problems. We have all sorts of interesting bugs and snakes here. There is one snake with a red head that if it bites you, you have 5 minutes to live. Kinda crazy, but whatever. The bugs here are really weird. Big, small, we've got them all (thank you Doctor Seuss). Everything is going really well with the missionary work here. I am glad that we have people to teach that actually listen and understand. I hope our investigators will find it easier to go to church this week. My Spanish has improved tons in the last 3 weeks. I understand almost everybody and I am able to communicate much faster now. I feel comfortable speaking Spanish now. This past week I have had two experiences with prayer. During two lessons basically the same thing happened. In one lesson we were watching the restoration video with a family filled with crazy loud kids. My comp and I both prayed that everything would be calm during the first vision part of the movie. Sure enough the children went outside during this part and the spirit was able to be in the room. The children didn't come back in until after the movie finished. This made it possible for the parents to pay close attention to video. I know that Heavenly Father is always listening and ready to help. I know that if we pray with faith the Lord does and will answers our prayers. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that listens. I will figure out the whole calling situation.

Love you all.
Elder Hunsaker

My new pet tarantula!



I thought our snails had babies and here is the evidence.



This is the institute center in Posadas. It is located on the eighth floor of some random building.





POSADAS








Am I a stud or what?! ;) (Tricia)



This is a villa, I think?

Stairs/Escaleras

No comments: