Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference weekend

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:31:39

Hola Familia,

Conference was broadcast in the stake center in Posadas. All of the English missionaries were in a small room with a little TV. This was probably the first conference that I stayed awake for all the sessions. Elder Bednar's talk on Sunday was really good. Jenny, good luck finding a video of Pres. Monson wiggling his ears. That is crazy that the chapel is condemned. So the family that we have been teaching since I arrived here has finally made it into the church for sacrament meeting. We were so surprised to see them in the chapel. This is the family with the dad that kept thinking about the Book of Mormon and couldn't sleep. Our investigator bank is running low and I've talked to almost everyone and everything in our area. My companion was born in Guadalajara Mexico. His grandparents were converts so he was born into the church. He has a younger brother and sister and that´s it. He has been out here for 15 months. The options for food here are very few. We usually just put ground beef in the tacos. There aren't a whole lot of beans down here so it is hard to have bean burritos. We made tortillas and horchata the other night. As far as fruits and vegetables special to this area that grow, there is only one thing called mandioca. Mandioca has the texture and taste of a potato but looks like a big root. An investigator gave me a huge bag of mandarinas and that is what is in those two photos. I hope dad is jealous. haha. Dairy products are pretty expensive here so I don't eat much cheese which is killing me. For breakfast I have the options eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, leftover dinner, and that's about it. I made french toast one time but maple syrup doesn't exist down here so it wasn't that special. As for reading the talks from conference, I have the Ensign and Liahona from which to choose. I finally got those postcards sent. They should make there way to the states. I hope everything continues to go well back home. Love you all.

Con amor,
Elder Hunsaker







No comments: