Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lots of Investigators and Lots of Rain

Everyone,
Well another week as passed by in a second. We just had the good ol' transfers and as I was expecting, nothing happened here. From Thursday of last week until now, my companion and I have found a total 30 new investigators. I worry that they will disappear as fast as we found them. We have two baptism dates. Gabriela Medina will be baptized on the 24 of this month. Pedro Valenzuela will be baptized on the 14 of February. We are hoping for two more baptisms in February.

Last Sunday was a bummer in assistance. We only had 30 in church. We had three investigators there. We almost had 5 but they had to leave before sacrament meeting started. The reason why that had to leave was because I sent them home. The two investigators came to church with a less active member and let's just say that they weren't going to be able to learn or feel the spirit. I had to call a taxi and send them back to their homes. We had explained to one about the word of wisdom. I guess it just didn't take when we explained it. The investigator lost the baptism date and we'll just see if it returns.

I've now started to have our branch council meetings. I'm trying to get my organizations filled with leaders and I am working on having something called home and visiting teachers. Maybe someday the members here will understand what record keeping is. I am asking for assistance sheets and trying to implement what the church has written in the manual that I read like a bible. Things are looking up.

I hope that everything is going well back home. We were walking home from an appointment two nights ago when it started pouring rain. We got home completely soaked. I took of my shoes and poured out even more water. My new missionary planner is now water logged and wrinkly and all fat now. Oh well.

I love you all and I'll make sure to write again next week. I WILL TAKE A PICTURE OF THE WASHING MACHINE that works oh so nicely.

CHAU,

Elder Hunsaker



No comments: