Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1-28-09

HOLA, 1-28-09

So I did the same this week with the pictures. Last pday we went and played basquet with Lucas the son of the combi driver and his friends. Elder Stone is the giant greeny of Elder Redford. He is 6´7” and played for a college team. He worked my comp over. He was stuffing the ball in his face the whole game. Elder Stone towers over everyone here. We played inside of this huge warehouse that belongs to the Armed forces here. One of the kids is a member of the club but we still got kicked out as we were trying to start the second round. It was funny being kicked out of some place for being a missionary.
The little girl is Tahlia the daughter of the awesome Duarte family. The food is what we ate last Thursday. It is polenta and I don´t like it very much when they don´t put much sauce on it or anything. We made polenta last week because we had nothing else. My comp almost puked afterward. Haha.
We had 33 people in church. I was able to sustain and set apart all the people I had previously called. I also added a 1st counselor to the Young Women’s presidency. Things should start to improve around here. We had our branch council and set up visiting teachers. The following council we will set up the families for each couple. I know that once they start visiting, the numbers will increase and we can start improving more things.
We are still trying to clean up the ward list. We have taken out over 30 people that do not live here anymore. We have about 1/3 of the list left to visit and correct. There are more names that we need to take off the list but we are waiting on info like, dates of death, directions, phone numbers, etc... I should be finished with this by the end of February.
In February we hope to have 4-6 baptisms. Gabriela will be baptized on the 7th , Pedro will be baptized on the 14th, and Lucia and Daiana will be baptized on the 21st. If we are lucky the Espinoza family with come to church and we will put a date with them too. They are a really cool family. The dad is like 300 pounds or more. I´m not quite sure how he will be baptized but I believe that we will get to that point. Maybe we will put a chair in the font and just lean him back.
Today my comp and I will be celebrating his year and my 15 months with all the zone. We have a member bringing Pizza Hut pizza from Asunción and a little Mountain Dew if he remembers. We will be eating and playing my board game LIFE. It should be lots of fun.
I had something special to say but I don´t remember what it was. I guess it wasn´t that special. I am doing well here. It rained again yesterday and with that came some hail.

Love you all, Elder Hunsaker



No comments: