Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2-4-09

Well, hello,

This last week has flown by and I am here in the cyber again. We had zone conference this past Thursday and it was really good. We got to eat the tasty lomitos arabe. It is kinda like a pita filled with steak ,chicken,sauce and tasty stuff. I got two packages from the Musgrove family with some good snacks and some mac and cheese. I got some pictures from them that made me a little trunky.

On Sunday, we were able to spilt up our classes a little bit better. The young women were all together in their classroom. We handed out all of the progress books to the girls. I am really excited to have things a little bit more organized. My Sunday School teacher came and taught her gospel doctrine class. I taught the principles class. We had 37 people in the sacrament meeting and it was a really good testimony meeting. Six of our investigators came to church.Gabriela will be having her interview this Thursday. We will see what happens this Saturday.

This past Saturday I directed a baptismal service for the Primavera branch that is situated in a Toba colony about an hour away from Clorinda. The Elders in Laguna Blanca were the missionaries that taught the kids. I went out there with Elder Contreras to do the interviews. It was really fun to meet these people. They are some of the native tribes around here. They speak Toba and almost don´t understand Spanish. I tried to learn a little bit but they couldn´t understand Spanish nor English. After the baptisms, we had to find a way home. Elder Contreras put all of his tack into flagging down a remis on the highway.

Speaking of languages, I am trying to learn a little bit of Guaraní. Lots of people speak this language because we are so close the Paraguay. Mom, you need to ask Brandon Hall if he ever heard of the ward Porto Elsa or Porto Pablina. I can´t remember the exact name of the ward in Paraguay but I have some members that came from that ward.

Last night I was doing divisions with Elder Salmond (ZL) and we were out in the middle of nowhere when a huge storm came through and left us soaking wet. We ran 7 blocks to get to a member´s house but we didn´t run fast enough. As we were running lots of the people there started laughing at the funny gringos running for dear life. One little girl screamed at us that it was going to rain and that we were basically gonners. We finally reached the member´s house and we were able to teach the boyfriend of the member while we sat there waiting for the rain to stop.

Today we played a game that is like Risk but it is called T.E.G. I won once and my comp won the second time. It was fun but it took a lot of time to play. I don´t know if we will be repeating it next Wednesday. I hope that all is well back home. I love you all and I´ll be on next week like always. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: