Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baptism of Gabriela

Hello a todos, 2-11-09

The weather here has been the same for the last couple of weeks. It just rains and keeps raining. Because of the rain our power went off for about 10 hours. It went out at about 10pm and came back on at about 8am. It was extremely hard to get to sleep with the thick hot air. My comp tried sleeping on the ground and then just ended up writing in his journal for most of the night. Some how I was able to sleep most of the night.
Our district has a temple date planned for all of the branches. They will be going to the temple in Asunción which is about 30-50 minutes away from here. I would like to go but I can't. I have a sister who wants to go and receive her endowments. Everyone that wants to go needs to pay 20 pesos. No one has money so we will be making empanadas and selling them to raise money for the temple trip. This is the closest that I have been to a temple in the last year. Maybe one day the missionaries from here will be able to go to the temple in Paraguay.
Last Saturday we had the baptism of Gabriela. It went over really well. She was really nervous about going under the water. The baptismal service went nice and smooth. We did a special musical number for the service and it was awesome. I played an arrangement of “Come Thou Fount” and E´ Robertson, E´ Redford, and E´ Stone sang using the words from the hymn, Joseph Smith's First Prayer.
I do have a funny story for everyone. Two nights ago my comp made chocolate chip pancakes for us to eat. We weren't able to finish them so we tossed the remains outside for the neighborhood dogs. Happy Valentines day to everyone. Valentines day isn't celebrated here like it is in the states. I love you all. Talk to you next week.

Elder Hunsaker




No comments: