Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Don't Skip These Crazy Pictures

The internet went out yesterday and so today is the day for internet use. 4-09-09 I also forgot to mention that this is semana santa (holy week). I don't remember the Catholics celebrating this in the states.

Hello,

Well we received some news that wasn't worth hearing this past week. The Church has a new rule that says that in order to have a chapel or rent a building it now needs to be 5 kilometers away from the chapel downtown. The old rule was 3 kilometers and now they have changed it and it doesn't make me too happy. We had just found that house that we could have rented. We were so excited but now the Lord is just testing the members to see how strong they are. I worry that they may not be strong enough for this blow.

The conference was spectacular. We were able to watch it all. My comp understood the hymns that were in English but that is about it. We weren't as blessed to watch it in English like we have been before. Elder Pruess will just have to read it in the Liahona later on. During the second session Saturday, a strong storm passed through and almost took out the power. We lost about 20 mins of conference due to the storm. Everyone was praying right when the signal went down and we were able to watch almost all of the session.

Elder Derek Atkinson sent me an email telling me that he has now finished his mission. He served in Bahia Blanca Argentina. He tells me that we'll hang out soon. Haha. He left in February of 07 and I can't believe how the time has flown by like this. Last night we received the news about transfers and nothing has changed in the whole zone. All the same elders will be here for 6 more weeks. The sister missionaries that came with me will be going home in about 3 weeks and that is just wrong. When is mother's day? I ask because I will be calling in little over a month.

I believe that we will have a total of 10 members going to the temple this trip. We hope to have a bunch more for the trip in June. This week the sisters have changed their products from empanadas to pastelitos. The pastelitos are a dessert kind of thing. They put some kind of filling in the middle of the empanada shells and fold them up and deep fry them like everything else. My comp wants everything he eats to be deep fried. Haha. Speaking of food, today we ate an asado with one of our investigators. It was sooooo good. He cut off a piece of complete fat and tossed it on my comp´s plate. The look on the face of E' Pruess was priceless. The other day we found some pomelos that were extra large. Seeing how my comp loves the pomelos so much, we asked for two. Boy, were they big. By the time we got home my arm had become sore just from carrying the thing.









Well that is pretty much all that has happened since last week. I love you all. Chau!

Elder Hunsaker

Here are a few random pictures with explanations.


DISFRUTENLAS or ENJOY THEM We had recently left from zone meeting when we found this huge lady bug.



He is a wood pecker just to annoy dad. I heard it pecking our tree while I was reading.



This right here is our member referral contest between the branches. As you can see my branch wasn´t too pumped up to help out in the missionary work.




This comes from the Bolivia mission. A member served there and said that this is on one side of a temple that is near Lake Titicaca. This is above one of the entrances to the temple ruins there. There are two other entrances to the temple. The other two entrances have the symbols of the stars and the moon above them. Slightly interesting, huh….. The member says that Pres. Kimball described what this means. You can try and find something about it. If you find anything you need to let me know.



As we were returning from our district meeting today we found this lechón (baby pig) roasting up. We wanted to join the family for this semana santa (holy week) asado.

No comments: