Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Water Tank Frogs, Pastelitos and Peanut Butter

Howdy, 4-15-09
This morning was a particularly fun one. My comp had finished showering and it was my turn. We had our water pump on and we were filling the tank on top of the house. I started showering and right when I had soap all over me the water cut out. I was hoping that it was my comp just using water in another part of the house but it wasn't. In the end I had to put my clothes on and go check things out. We looked at our water reserve tank in the ground and we found a bunch of stuff growing inside the tank. Our neighbor saw us and came over to help. According to the grapevine (thanks synonym finder) we aren't even connected to the reserve tank in the ground. We are unswervingly (synonym finder) connected to the city's water network and the city decided to cut the water until 1pm today. I decided that I should probably wash off the dry soap suds so we went over to the district leader's pench.
P.S. We also found a little frog that made his home in our water tank.






We have finally started to rent the combi again so that we actually have people in church on Sunday. This past Sunday there were 28 in the sacrament meeting and 34 in the classes before. I called a second counselor for the relief society. I expect (synonym) that it will help that organization. I am now on the hunt (synonym) for a Young Women's president and I will probably rummage around (synonym) for a few counselors.
Today the internet stopped working for a while. If you get this today it is because the internet started working again. If not then you know the answer. I don´t understand why Clorinda hast to make things so difficult.
This Saturday is the temple trip. However, it looks to me as though nobody will be going. The sister that was going to get her endowment wants to wait until June. A few of the sisters decided to do the same and many of the members didn't come to the interviews. I told the district presidency that we would have ten and now it looks like we will have 0. Who knows what will come to pass (synonym) tomorrow. The sisters are going to continue making pastelitos and empanadas until they go to the temple and until they go to Formosa for their patriarchal blessings. I´m delighted (synonym) that they are at least planning something. Haha!






Our investigator pool is dwindling away. We had a good group of families but they have all told us that they don´t have time for us. I guess they'll figure things out when they have all the time in the world. Our goal for the month was one family and we were really close but nada.
The other day Elder Stone discovered that he could make homemade peanut butter. So today we had a PB & J party to celebrate his discovery. The peanut butter reminded me of the peanut butter that dad always buys at the health food stores. It was a little on the salty side but still delectable (synonym). Elder Stone's next project is reese's peanut butter cups.




Everything continues to go fairly well here. The weather is changing slowly from really really really hot to just really hot. I hope that all is well back home. I hear rather (synonym) a lot about that Obama character and Cuba. I hope to hear a little less about that from everyone here if at all possible. I love you all and wish (synonym) to hear from you. Adios
Elder Hunsaker

Mas Fotos Con Explicaciones
This is our new study area. If you can´t tell, my comp is learning Spanish.



We found these kids fishing in the zanja (wash way or ditch). They would pull snails out of it first and then smash them open and use them as bait. They caught 5 little tiny fish that look like catfish.





This is the neighborhood swimming pool. The water company owns it and probably makes bank from this place during the summer. It has basketball courts and sand volleyball courts. I can already see the flyers for the 2010 Hunsaker reunion.



No comments: