Wednesday, April 22, 2009

RISKing Away Time, Electrical Problems and Sponges

Buenos Días, 4-22-09

Here in Clorinda things haven't changed very much since Friday. The temperature is the only thing that has changed. Right now it is cool and humid. We had a little bit of rain last night but nothing really happened.

Today we just took it easy and played RISK in the chapel and that was about it. We played for quite a while and then everyone got tired of the time consuming game. We got frustrated and made dumb choices and then Elder Salmond won. I was disappointed with the loss but I'll be all right.

We had another fun experience in the pench. We came home after lunch Monday to find that our power was not working right. We called the electrician but he couldn't come until Tuesday morning. I was happy to be starting the divisions and going to the area of the zone leaders. Elder Salmond had to sleep in the dark and my comp took a very cold shower in the morning. I came home to find out that the electrician had busted a hole in the wall to put in new wiring and solve the problem. Now we have power but our from porch light doesn't work anymore and one of our lights inside the pench doesn't work either. My companion told me that the light in our study room blew up when they turned on the power and that the shower was sparking while Elder Salmond used it. I hope that the home doesn't burn down. We now have a new control switch instead of the old 50's looking one. I will have to take pictures of the mess next Wednesday.

Tomorrow we have the normal zone conference and we will be eating the always tasty lomito arabe. I will take a photo of it so that you can all be jealous of the deliciousness. It should be a good conference. We will see if there are any new changes in the mission. We'll find out if we will receive a little more money in our accounts every month. It is nice to know that they want to give me a little more of my money. My comp has been struggling with the money issue ever since he bought himself some shorts and a few alligator wallets and watches. He certainly likes to acquire things.

I love you all and I hope that more happens in the following week so that I can add some good stories. This Saturday I will be in Laguna Blanca to help the elders there. I figure that it will be a good source of stories. Hasta la próxima.

Elder Hunsaker

FOTOS

Here is our little pet lizard that is always on our pench walls.



Here is the giant bee that helps pollinate the other sponge making plants.



It kind of looks like a cucumber and it is really heavy before it dries out.




This thing really scrubs. It has an interesting smell for the first couple of uses.


The “growable” sponge

No comments: