Wednesday, June 17, 2009

General Authorities Visit for District Conference

Hello,
Well today is an interesting day. We had our interviews and I was half way out of it during them. I think I'm just allergic to something here. It could be the huge amounts of dust that I breathe in everyday. Any way, I am hoping that this runny nose will go away before tomorrow. Maybe I could use some of that Exfuze juice.
We had our district conference this past Sunday. Pres. Eyring, Elder Perry, Elder Robbins, and some other elder who is the president of the Sunday School spoke in the conference via satellite. It was a really nice meeting. Elder Robbins spoke about SER(to be) and HACER(to do). He spoke of how the parents need to separate actions of their children from characteristics of their children. For example, when a child has good grades we should congratulate the child for being diligent in studying and for working hard and not for just congratulate him for good grades. The same thing applies to sports. We should congratulate the child for not getting upset at what the player on the other team said. This is exactly what is needed here.
My comp and I are trying to learn the games that the kids play here. They play with marbles, tops, little smacking cards, and sling shots. We have bought everything but the tops which we will soon buy. The kids play these games in the streets all the time and Elder Pruess and I want to win them sometime. We will be practicing over the next couple of weeks to try and be good enough to beat some of the kids in these games.
Nothing new and exciting has happened here. I hope all is well back home. Love you all. Chau.
Elder Hunsaker

P.S. In the pictures you will see a house made out of palm tree trunks. Our asado that we had a few days ago and the kids playing with the tops.







No comments: