Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baptism of María Antonia Nuñez

Hello,

I decided to change font due to the fact that I had a few complaints sent in from last weeks letter. I hope that the drafters and old men enjoy this font. I will not use the last font again. I just thought it would be nice to use something new after writing in the same font every week for a year and a half. I guess I was mistaken in thinking that was a good idea. Haha. (All of this was written in a joking and non-offensive way)

After last weeks, letter it continued raining. I think the last measurement of rain that I heard was 315 ml. of rain here. Cold air came with the rain we received. Now it is clean and sunny but cold. I didn't think Clorinda was capable of such cold. My comp didn't bring a winter jacket with him so he wears his sweater, his hoodie, and his wind breaker. He will be buying a jacket today for sure.

The baptism of María Antonia Nuñez went over really well. It was cold and rain on Saturday. We filled up the baptismal font with nice warm brown water and watched a little cricket swim around in it for a little while. I don't know why the water came out so ugly but what are you going to do. María's neighborhood is Primero de Mayo and when it rains there are only rivers of water and rivers of mud where roads used to be. I called her to find out if she was coming when it was about time to start the service and she told me that she was coming but that she almost postponed it because she had a fever. She came and we held the service. There were a few minor problems but everything turned out well. Elder Pruess did the baptism and I did the confirmation. After the baptism was over Elder Pruess told me that cricket was still swimming around in the font when he baptized María.

On Sunday night, we were trying hard to find new investigators to make the mission goal of 12 each week. We had tried the whole week but we only had 4 when we started Sunday. After we got home from church at 6:45pm we got ready to go out and we gave a prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to not allow us to waste time that night. We went over our plans and left. We went to the first family that we had planned on visiting and watching a church movie with them. The weren't there so we went to the back up and that didn't work either. Then we went to a house we have passed by a few times and the people always greet us when we go by. We clapped and they let us in to their home. We came to find out that they are a fairly large family. 8 new investigators is what we needed and 8 new investigators is what we got. The only slight down side is that 7 of the 8 news are women. María told us that the man to woman ratio in Argentina is 1 man to every 14 women. Looking at the family we found on Sunday that statement seems to be correct. I am just thankful that Heavenly Father listens to us when we sincerely pray to him.

I love you all and we'll talk next week. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

P.S. I would like to know if I have a plaque in the church building?

No comments: