Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6-10-2009

HOLA,

Well, this week has been pretty chill. My comp found a guy on Saturday during divisions with the zone leaders and the man came to church the next day. The funny thing about this is that my comp didn't recognize the guy when he arrived at church so I sent him to the zone leader's branch thinking he was their investigator. Elder Contreras stared me down and then told me that he was my investigator. I then made a note to tell Elder Pruess to remember the people he speaks to in the street.

We had a tiny miracle happen in the branch. A 40 year old man moved into our branch from Buenos Aires. He is a member of about 15 years. He will soon be my Elders Quorum president. He is a really nice guy. I think I've also found a Young Men's president. Right now I am playing Elder Hunsaker, the real estate agent. I am trying to make a deal between two people. We want to rent one house but the lady wants to sell so we found another house that wants to rent or sell. We are hoping to do a swap and rent the house from a new owner. The woman says yes to the swap but we still haven't spoken with the other half about the swap. I believe that it will go through and we will be into our new chapel in less than a month. I'm trying to keep myself as optimistic as possible.

This Sunday we will be having our district conference and I will have a break from our regular meetings. We will have some sort of broadcast from Salt Lake. I think one of the apostles will be speaking to all of the districts in the South America South Area. Hopefully the members make it there on time.

Nothing much has changed here in Clorinda since last Wednesday. I received the package that the Young Women sent me a while ago. I enjoyed the treats and the socks. Make sure to tell them thanks and I will try to get a letter off to them soon.

Love you all,
Elder Hunsaker

P.S. The church is still true and José Smith is still a prophet even with his name translated.

No comments: