Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Changing Of The Font & Never Seen So Much Rain

Muy buenos días,

I decided to change things up with a new font. I got tired of the old new roman. Well, María Antonia made it through her baptismal interview and will be baptized this Saturday. We keep telling one of the less active men that we are trying to baptize his future wife. He still has become completely active.

Last Saturday it rained and rained and rained and rained. We received about 8 inches of rain here in Clorinda and in Fornosa capital they received 11 inches and all of this happened in a 24 hour period. I have never seen so much rain in my life. I am sick and tired of seeing gray skies. At least our power stayed on during the whole ordeal. The roads here turned into rivers and Elder Pruess didn't have boots and found his way into three zanjas (sewage canals). I think his shoes are still drying out. I was astonished (Book of Mormon language) to see more rain on Monday night.

On Friday we pruned the bushes of the Steirensis family. While we were cutting, we found a dead bat. We used it to scare a few people and then we put it with the trimmings in a garbage bag. The two girls that want to get baptized are grandkids of this family. It was nice to do some normal service and get out of the monkey suit. Speaking of getting out of the monkey suit, Elder Redford will be in lovely Las Vegas on the 27th of July for a family reunion so he may be making a little visit with you (mom and dad). He may go to church with you as well. So let me know the info on church.

I was told the other day that I have a package in the office waiting for me. I should receive it in about a week. I think it is the package from the young women from the ward.

Recently we have been receiving a lot of references from members due to a piece of paper that has all sorts of questions on it to help the members think of friends and family. I might translate it so that the missionaries back home can use it if they'd like. It has all sorts of good questions. I hope that all of you are helping the missionaries in your wards to find people.

Well that's all folks. Love you all and talk to you later.

Elder Hunsaker








No comments: