Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Labor Day = Mostly Drunks without the Labor

Mba'elaporte,

This past week was filled with fiestas. Due to the fact that everyone celebrates Labor Day to the max. We were invited to 5 asados and we made time for each one. I will not be surprised if I have colon cancer after the mission. If I don't see meat for a few years I will be all right. In one of the events it was not only a Labor Day celebration but also a birthday party for our neighbor. They are really good friends with all of the missionaries because they always buy from their kiosko. This was the first up close and personal experience with drunks that my comp has had. My comp has now decided that drinking is just not a good idea. This was not our only encounter with drunks on Labor Day.
The evening of Labor Day we taught one of our investigators that is progressing. We taught about the pre-earth life and it was an extremely powerful lesson. The spirit was really strong in the house. Our investigator is the daughter of a less active sister in the branch that we are reactivating. It was a really good lesson and we made sure that our investigator knew what she was feeling. I really enjoy studying and talking about the pre-earth life with other missionaries. It is a very interesting topic.
After leaving our investigator's house we were stopped by some drunk guys. In the end, we had taken down each one of their directions (address) and invited them to church on Sunday. Not a single one showed up on Sunday. When we were trying to continue on our way home, we shook their hands and one of them decided to give me and my comp a hug. What a nice guy.
Sunday was a very nice fast and testimony meeting. We had a good turn out and a lot of the members bore their testimonies. I had to nudge my comp enough times so that he would get up and give his. He is a little timid when it comes to speaking. I hope that he gets over that or it will be a long two years for him. Love you all. Chau
Elder Hunsaker

Leo's "cumpleaƱos"






P.S. We actually found a new family to teach because of this party. The family is a really wonderful family.

No comments: