Friday, December 21, 2007

Flight plans to Argentina!

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:06:22
Okay, so today I got my flight plans! I leave on the 31st Airline: Delta Airlines Flight: 1292 SLC to LAX at 8:30am. I get into Los Angeles at 9:28am and then get to sit and wait there until 2:25pm and then I get on with Airline: Lan Chile S.A. Flight: 603 and fly through the night and arrive in Santiago, Chile at 6:30am on the 1st of January. I then sit until 7:15am and I take my last plane ride to Buenos Aires. I'm in Buenos Aires at 9:10am. Any who, have Darren send this info to Kurtis. It doesn't really matter who comes because I think it'll be somewhat difficult to see me. This week has been about the same as the last couple. We had Elder Lance B Wickman of the seventy come and speak to us on Tuesday night for our devotional. Yesterday the Argentine Consulate came and spoke to us about the different parts of Argentina. He said that Resistencia is a very economically poor area but is full of wildlife and vegetation and wonderful people. He said that the Iguazu Falls are amazing. I believe that I will be able to attend the temple in Buenos Aires when I get there but I don't know for sure. Hopefully that will be the case. Celebrating new years on the airplane will be a very interesting experience so will sitting in a plane for 24 hours. I've heard that this last week in the MTC is the longest. That better not be true. haha. My passport and visa will be given to me when I get my plane tickets. All is well here there haven't been any issues with vaccinations or my visa. Mom and Dad there is a letter in the mail that has information on my last vaccination. If anyone is planning on sending stuff they better do it quickly. I'll be sending some stuff home before I leave. Today was my last temple day and it was very enjoyable. It has snowed here the last 2 saturdays and today. Maybe just maybe I'll have a white Christmas. The speaker on Christmas day should be great. It will most likely one of the 12. I can't wait to get to Argentina and really learn the language and be able to meet all kinds of people. My area has quite a few indigenous people along with a few small colonies of German and Swedish people. Let Dave know I can't wait to get that de-worming pill. haha. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great holiday with the fam. I know God lives and has his hand in our lives. I know that even when it is tough he is there we need just turn to him. We all accepted his plan we knew the requirements and we were willing. If only we would remain willing to follow him and stick with our decision. I love this gospel and the light that it brings into our lives. Happiness is only achieved through following our heavenly father. I know that Jesus is the Christ the Savior of all. He suffered for all of our sins, sicknesses, worries, doubts, and terrible feelings so that we could in time of need turn to him and allow his atonement to remove those things from our lives. I love you all. Elder Hunsaker.

No comments: