Friday, December 14, 2007

Lots of snow in Provo-Christmas time

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:51:23
I haven't taken too much of those pills because I don't have an endless supply of cups and water. My luggage should be just one overweight bag if any. It snowed two Saturdays ago and this last Saturday and pretty much everyday since. I've got to enjoy it before I hit that summer heat in Argentina. Tell Phillip congratulations for me. All of the food now tastes the same. I've had a few dishes multiple times because they rotate every three weeks. They have custard filled dessert things which I guess could be considered "Christmasy" I'm now pretty much pro at the 1st lesson in Spanish. I get to teach the 2nd in Spanish tonight. It is getting harder and harder to wake up in the mornings but things are still good. The gym instructor made new rules for foursquare because some stupid sister missionary dislocated her shoulder while attempting to hit the ball. Soooo dumb. I hope father is well (that sentence was so 1820). I've gained somewhere between 10-15 pounds if the scale I'm using isn't busted. My zone received some nuevos (newbies) a week ago Wednesday. I'm expecting more this upcoming Wednesday. I haven't heard anything about the temple being closed but then again i don't usually hear much about anything. Our special musical numbers at the firesides and devotionals are performed by missionaries. We had a missionary play, "If You Could Hie to Kolob" on the recorder accompanied by the piano. The recorder is such a lame instrument. Nevertheless it was still well done and invited the spirit. The elder who played the piano improvised the whole thing. He was really good. The other week a missionary came back to the MTC after having one of his lungs collapse 5 weeks ago. He is in my zone is slightly weird. Hermana Thomas and Hermano Nevers are the two instructors I have. Hermana Thomas served in Chile and Hermano Nevers served in Mexico. They are both American born. I have to purchase a calling card if I decide I want to speak with you people. lol. Yes, mother I am taking lots of pictures and writing in my pretty pink diary every night. I don't have much time or many opportunities to play the piano. I could go for some good beef jerky in my package. Christmas should be an interesting time here at the MTC. President Crowley and the Spilmans sent a bunch of cards. Pres. Crowley said that I shouldn't be homesick because no one wants me there. His card was funny. I love you all and I hope Dad starts feeling better soon. Love, Elder Hunsaker

No comments: