Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Argentine versions of family members and friends

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:38:01

Well things move along like usual. My companion is going home in four weeks and is semi excited. We have been told we all need to get the yellow fever vaccination. We've been looking for a place to receive that but nobody has had the vaccine. We devoted a whole day to clapping homes in order to find people. We have a bigger investigator pool now. It has been raining the last couple of days. The rainy season hasn't even hit. It is funny that you mention allergies because every week there is something new in bloom here. The people here like to sit outside in lawn chairs and drink mate the whole day. That is pretty much all they do. The kids are just starting school here so a little of that will change. I really couldn't tell you where the majority of these people's ancestors were from. I used my card because I had no money for the month because of the problem with my mission card. Things are cleared up with that now so everything should be fine. I used my card today so I can buy post cards to send to people. I haven't seen one post office here. I haven't purchased a backpack cause it is pointless to have one. My umbrella is holding up well so far. There hasn't been enough rain for me to use either of my boots. As far as avocados go I have only seen one tree. I have seen quite a few banana trees. Yes we have a washing machine that works fairly well. Last p-day we played soccer with a bunch of missionaries and native kids. It was really fun. I had a hard time not using my hands to block stuff. Oh well. Every p-day we go to the main city (Posadas) and use the cybers there and shop in libertad. I had my first hair cut today. The barber used a straight razor at the end to cut my side burns and my neck line. My farmers tan is becoming more defined. kinda sad I know. Yes I am taking the pills and the mosquitoes are still very much present in my life. I'll be making another trip to San Ignacio sometime. I have met the Argentine versions of the following people;Aunt Rene, Jackson, Kyle (the kid has red hair and looks similar), Candice (this little girl has the same attitude as Candice and the same tone of voice it is hilarious), Mom, Ann Gallante (this less active is exactly like Ann. When she notices us walking by she always says, !HOLA HERMONITOS¡ Mom i´m sure you´d be best friends).

Feliz cumpleaƱos a Connor, Ben, and Kennedy.

I love you all.
Elder Hunsaker

No comments: