Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First baptism and description of Santa Clara Branch

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:23:46

I am adjusting to the heat here. My branch has four priesthood holders. Me, my companion, the president, and his counselor. We do have a deacon but he only comes every other week. The branch has about 15-20 people that attend regularly. The majority of people in our area are single mothers or widows. The baptism of Pamela Estepa went really well. So well in fact that we have set a date for the rest of her family to be baptized the 15th of next month. Her mother was a past investigator and just realized that the church is true. Her daughter has an amazing testimony and we had only taught her for four weeks when she was baptized. The photos will be in another email. Transfers were last night and I am staying here with my trainer which means I will be here for another transfer also. We had an amazing past week. We taught 25 lessons. 13 of those with members present which really helps. We found 19 new investigators. I see Pres. Shakespeare twice a month. Once at zone conference and once more at interviews. The card that was eaten was my mission card. I just barely got a new one. I went to that leadership training meeting it was really good. On the way there it was raining like crazy. The taxi driver had his window down and then regretted it when a huge bus sent a tidal wave right into his open window soaking him and the member in the back seat. It was hilarious because i saw it coming and didn't know what to say in Spanish. haha. Les amo.

Love, Elder Hunsaker

No comments: