Thursday, March 20, 2008

Baptism of Evelin

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:24:54

¡Hola todos!

In order to start this letter with a bang.....I have 90 pills left and about 3/4 of that liquid stuff!!!! Father yo espero que tu estes felíz ahora (Translation - Dad, are you happy now?). Okay, the baptism went really well. We had a delicious cake afterwards. Evelin is a 15 year old girl that has been going to church for the past 4 months and finally received permission to be baptized from our president. It has been extremely dry and hot for the past week. I want it to rain really bad. I haven't heard a single thing about the new mission president. My weight hasn't moved from where I was in the MTC. As for traditions going on in the mission, there are none. My comp is going to burn all of his extremely nasty yellow garments. YAY. My area is filled with tons of single mothers so finding and teaching men is quite a task. It is easy to find drunk men. We have another baptism planned for the 18th of April. Next week is transfer week. I won't be going anywhere because my companion will be going home. So I'll be right here in Santa Clara for another 6 weeks. Les amo.

Elder Hunsaker

photos:

1: I found a wonderful argie rubiks cube that falls apart if you turn it too much, haha.


2: The baptism of Evelin.


3: I found these in libertad and I decided buying them was a good idea.


4: This is pretty much what I've eaten every Thursday at President Lopez's house.

No comments: