Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Visit to the "zoo"

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:19:39

So we went to the zoo today. The zoo really isn't a zoo as much as a shelter for animals that poachers tried to traffic and for animals that have been hurt. We arrived at the zoológico/ecologico and this white girl comes up to us and asks where we're from. We said the states and she was like, "me too!" She is from Minnesota. We have no clue why she is living and working down here. The zoo was small and only consisted of a few different animals. The photos attached are of the jaguars. They are the same size as lions if not bigger. It made me think of that Abinadi picture with King Benjamin. Yes, Mother, I wash the mud off my pants before putting them in the washer. Those were not my suit pants. I only wear my suit to zone conference and other conferences. That adds up to about one or two times a month when I actually wear my suit. We as missionaries are not allowed to drink mate because of the manner in which people drink it. They use the drink and pass method and the amount of germs that are passed would probably kill us. That is the reason why we don't drink it. Supposedly Cambridge did a study on mate and said that it is good for the heart and circulation. They place the dried and crushed leaves of the mate in a special cup and use a special straw that is like a strainer and add water and drink. I haven't played any special musical numbers in church cause I don´t have time to practice.The people that write me: You, Darren(small letters), Hillary(decent letters), Danny(once maybe twice), Nate(once) Kaylee/kids(once) Tricia(weekly/occasional), Jen(Weekly/occasional), Friends(randomly), Ward members(nada). I don't believe Tricia should name her daughter Liberty. Jeep has a Liberty. The stake center is about 20 mins away from our building and is located in Posadas centro. There is only one zone that is allowed to go to the falls and there are 6 areas in that zone. The chances of me going there are slim. I am still hopeful though. The baptism is still going to be this Saturday. I hope to baptize a family sometime. Everything is well here. I love you all. Chau!



1 comment:

Tricia A. said...

Matt will have to come up with something more than "Jeep has a Liberty" to deter me from naming my child, Liberty. We'll wait and see what her name will be.