Wednesday, March 5, 2008

!Hola!

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:35:17

So we have another baptism on the 15th of this month. We are teaching two really great families right now. The father of one family told us last night that he has trouble sleeping because he has continuous thoughts about the Book of Mormon flowing through his head. After he said that his wife asked us what we had said about the spirit. She said they had been feeling more peace and love in their home. We had them read in Galatians about the fruits of the spirit. We've been teaching them for a while and they haven't come to church yet. I know that they are extremely close to gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon and once they do they will want the things that accompany it. My comp almost has less weeks than I have years. How sick! It is fine with me if my blog stuff is public. You can edit whatever you want to within my letters and pictures. The vaccine for yellow fever is free so that all the people down here will receive it. For the most party everyone here has electricity however running water is something else. They have what I like to call stagnant water. It is kind of like running water but not. Most of the people have wells here. Tell dad I will let him know when I run out of pills. It takes about 1-2 months to ship things here the cheap way. We are allowed to watch "The Best Two Years" movie. So for my b-day I would enjoy such a thing in my possession. The kids here go to school for the same amount of time as we do in the states. However, the schedule for how the day goes is different. There are two different options they can go for 4 hours in the morning or for 4 hours in the afternoon. As for the rainy season. It will be here in April until who knows when. Luckily I have only had to speak twice in our sacrament meeting. I know elders that speak every Sunday and teach everything because the branch president isn't reliable. Yesterday I tried a piece of sugar cane. It isn't nearly as sweet as the finished product. Next p-day we are going to a zoo so I can see those rodents of unusual size. Everything is continually getting better. Love you all.

Elder Hunsaker



Photos:
1,2: English class. 3: Our pet snail that lives in our yard. 4: My nice muddy pants after some good rain. 5: My zone. 6: Some graffiti I think? 8: Me stealing the giant's mate. 9: Me trying to get a little more mate (I thought there would be enough in there but I was mistaken).


1,2: English class


2

3: Our pet snail that lives in our yard.


4: My nice muddy pants after some good rain.


5: My zone.


6: Some graffiti I think?


8: Me, stealing the giant's mate.


9: Me, trying to get a little more mate
(I thought there would be enough in there but I was mistaken).

No comments: