Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sent off old companion and getting new one

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:31:44

Okay, so I've never been so excited for general conference. The priesthood session starts at 9pm down here. Yes mom I would like you to send the stuff to play during conference if possible. The DVD version of "The Best Two Years" is what I'd like. We have a DVD player in the church and that's where we can watch it. I am going to put my comp on a bus for Resistencia in 4 hours and he is out of here. My new companion is coming from Formosa which is a 16 hour drive. He will be arriving tomorrow at 4am in the morning. I will be companion to the zone leader for the time in between. Okay so here is the new comp info. His name is E. Martinez. He is from Guadalajara, Mexico. He doesn't speak English at all so now I am going to learn the language much faster. I am super excited to meet him and begin working. He's a pretty hefty guy too so that's cool. He should be extremely jolly and friendly if the chubby stereotype serves him right. haha. It is going to be fun speaking only Spanish. We have a baptism coming up on the 19th of April if all goes well. The work continues here in Santa Clara. I've clapped just about every house and with my new comp we'll be clapping some more. I love the work and the people and am glad that I'm here. Love you all and hope all is well.

-Elder Hunsaker


Fotos:

1. Familia Porto. (This is the family with the father that can't sleep because he just thinks about the Book of Mormon a lot.)


2. We had a meal of empanadas with Familia Malveira for my comp's 2nd to last day.


3. We had another meal of empanadas with Familia Gomez for his very last day.


4. This one small part of my area in barrio nuevo garupá.


5. This is one of our less active members that is starting to reactivate.

No comments: