Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Belgrano asado, feeding goats, rain storms

10-22-08

Okay, so transfers have come and gone and left me here for 6 weeks more. Maybe I´ll finish the mission here. I´m thinking that I should probably ask for my membership papers and start a family here. Maybe I´ll start looking for a job and a house. Haha. I´m to be here another transfer because we are going to have at least 5 baptisms in November and that will make up for the 7 ½ months that I´ll be here.

Last week the branch had a mother´s day activity. 60 people came to activity including 13 investigators. Our investigator Ramon came and started helping right away. He cut wood for the Asado and even helped cook. He is awesome. In the photo he is on the left of Moratto. The two are good buddies.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.

The other day after the classes of piano, etc… we passed by these two kids that were fishing in the “sanja” (a ditch where all sorts of liquids flow). The one on the right took out an eel. Right when we were about to take the picture of the eel on the wire it fell off and the kid on the left picked it up for the photo. GROSS!

Your browser may not support display of this image.

We didn´t have such a good turn out this past Sunday because of the district conference that was held. All of the branches came and the Duarte family from Bella Vista was there. They brought me a gift and a lemon pie. They too thought that I was for sure out of here. We took pictures and ate a little bit of the pie after the meeting. When all was finished, we went to the house of Pres. Ponce of the branch in centro to eat hamburgers. He recently opened up a hamburger service in his house (this is nothing new). While we were there eating I had to feed his goat thing. It kept making noise so that we would feed it. DARREN, the woman in the middle of this picture next to Olga dressed in white is Vicky Duarte. She is a return missionary. She put herself in the middle of the picture and got all ready for the picture so I could send it to you. She´s 26 and likes long walks on the beach, milanesa, mate, making desserts, giving gifts, and teaching institute. Don´t think that I forgot your mail bride. Haha. The sister on the far end wants Dad to find a rich old guy for her. I promised that Dad would. I love this family.

Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.

Things are going well here in Belgrano. My comp and I have started an exercise routine. My comp goes out on the roof and jumps his jump rope while I do push ups and use my ab roller. Maybe one day I will make my way out there to jump a few ropes.

Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.

The sisters in centro had a baptism last night and we went because our investigator was going to go. Alejandro our investigator came so we didn´t waste a trip and a night. On the way home from the baptism it began to rain like crazy. We were completely soaked from head to toe. My shoes had tons of water in them and you can see the reason why from the picture below. All in all it was a nice night. Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.

That is all of the action from the past week. We will see what this upcoming week has in store for Belgrano. Thank you all for you support and keep on praying for me. Love you all and I await the mysterious package for Christmas. Adios

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: