Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Week of October 5th

I´d like to thank everyone for sending emails this week. I received a good amount. THANKS! I think I´ll go ahead and answer the most important question from mom. Some Reese´s pieces and Sour Patch kids would be wonderful in a package from home.

General conference was amazing. I really enjoyed the talk by Richard G. Scott during the priesthood session. I played conference bingo with Elder Vincent and Hermana Recinos in our little English room. I bought gum drops to play the game. A few kids joined us in the room and drew some ties and the face of the prophet with the papers mom sent me. I tried to color the tie of President Eyring but it was far too difficult so I gave the crayons and the paper to Tomi the grandkid of Hna. Perez. He was intrigued with how many colors I have in my scripture marking pencil. The amount of children in the room grew until there were more children than gum drops in my bag. That is when I decided to shew a few of them out with English words like, “go to your mom” or “shew fly don´t bother me”. It did the trick and saved the gum drops - well, most of them.

Today is the birthday of my companion and he is 21 years old now or in Spanish, he has 21 years. We went to eat at a restaurant for his bday. He is happy now.

Today has been pretty chilly. We stopped by the shop of Pres. Pintos and took some photos of his little mannequin. I thought it would be funny to place Elder Vincent´s head above the mannequin. When we started taking these pictures Pres. Pintos and his wife couldn´t stop laughing and they even brought a little girl mannequin to place beside him. Before anyone makes the joke, I am not the little girl mannequin that the president brought. Thank you my extremely sarcastic family for putting two and two together.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image.

We want more people to attend our classes of piano, guitar, and English so we made invitations to the classes. We took these photos in hopes that someone would take interest in coming to the classes. I only have the pictures that we used and not the invite. I´m hoping that with this new and improved advertising scheme, we will have an increase of 50 percent in attendance. It is really simple to have a 50 percent increase when only 2 people come. I hope you enjoy the passionate piano player, the guitarist with his face melting solo, and the genius eNgLiSh teacher.



Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

The investigator pool is at a decent level. We are always searching for more. We still have the same old troubles of getting the people into the church building. We have quite a few investigators that are understanding and I have the hope that they will come to church sometime soon.

I am healthy and doing fine. My language skills have improved with my Latino companion. I´ve learned a few sayings that are truly Argentine. Unfortunately I can´t say them in other places because they would be much much worse. Languages are very interesting. The other day I said something stupid to our branch president because I didn´t exactly understand what his wife said. I just laughed it off like Elder Wirthlin said to do. His talk was another favorite.

I love you all and hope that all is well and that none of you work/worked for AIG or whatever other bank that close. The people of Goya could always use some prayers to help humble themselves. Les amo mucho. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: