Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week of October 12th

I'm going to start out this letter by telling you all that this week has been a very very slow one. We have found lots of new investigators which is good. We had 3 people in church this past Sunday. We were going to have seven people in total but two weren't home in the morning when we passed by and two didn't come because they were up until 4am in the morning the night before.

We also have 6 people with baptismal dates pending. Ramon Montiel is the only one that still has his for sure. The only thing holding him back is that we need to marry him to his lady friend Augustina Pereyra. We have been teaching them both with their granddaughter and daughter. The Escobar family also has a date for their baptism and we just need to take the alcohol from the hands of the dad. He barely drinks so it shouldn't be all too difficult to stop the tiny habit. He seems fairly willing but a little lazy. We also need them to come to church.

Today we played fútbol or better yet, I watched everyone else play fútbol. Our investigator Alejandro came to play. We are teaching him and his daughter Carla. His wife doesn't want anything to do with us as of now. She is a “seminary” teacher in the Catholic Church. He will soon have a baptismal date if we can get him to church sometime soon.

This Sunday we have the district conference for Goya and Pres. Del Castillo will be coming. This is what happened 6 months ago on the weekend of Mothers day when I called home. This means that I have been here for a very very very long time. I really hope that I'm not here when I call home for Christmas. This time around Elder Civic of the area presidency won't be here. At least I don't think he'll be coming.

This next week, we have transfers. Two of the people in the zone are going home. The parents of elder Vincent have received a few calls from different people. He told me that someone called from Vegas and I'm guessing that that someone is mom and dad. His parents said that they would be bringing things down for people. I'm excited that I won´t have to wait three years to get something.

We had the fumigation guy come and go yesterday. In his goings my washcloth disappeared. I'm not 100% sure that it made it´s way into his hands or not. We´ll see if it shows up magically. I don't know why he would take a washcloth but hey, why not? Yesterday it rained “gatos y perros” (cats and dogs). It just wouldn't stop raining. Because of the fumigation we had to be out of the house during the siesta so we decided that being in the rain wasn't the best of ideas. We spent the time fixing a computer for Hna. Perez. She gave us chocolate milk and crackers. Time well spent!

We continue hoping for those baptisms and things are looking brighter. I hope that things are nice and bright back home. Love you all and we´ll talk next week.

Elder Hunsaker

PS I don't know who to vote for. I haven´t the slightest clue who half of these people are. If you can tell me by next week I can decide on something and send my ballot with the sister that is going home to AZ. If not, I will just pray and see how things go.

No comments: