Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Visit to Lavalle

Hola family/friends,

This past conference was a different one. Elder Shane Bowen spoke for about 2 hours. He spoke about line of authority in the priesthood and about who we are. It was a really spiritual conference. I learned that he as a seventy doesn't have keys of the priesthood but that he works under the keys of the twelve apostles. He also asked us if we knew the juramento y el convenio...yeah I didn't understand that either until he said priesthood. It is the oath and covenant of the priesthood. I've studied it a few times now and I think that everyone that has the Melchezedek (give me a brake, I can hardly speak in english anymore thanks to my Spanish speaking companion) should probably do a quick little review on section 84:33-?.

My stomach was on a slight fritz during the conference and it wasn't fun to watch everyone eat real food while I sat with a banana and a sprite. I also received the package from the Vincent family. It was about time for that box to arrive. I received a box from my friend Kylie from Dearelder.com. It was full of all sorts of goodies. I am starting the American candy addiction for Elder Cavero. He is all ready hooked on phonics and the reese´s pieces. He'll probably end up coming to the states just for the sour patch kids.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Yesterday we had divisions with the zone leaders. I was with Elder Saldivar in his area. We had the fantastic Lavalle lunch appoimtent. There are about 35 members in Lavalle. It is a little town outside of Goya kinda like Glendale or Overton. The Calarco family lives there and has church in their house every Sunday. They are a funny family. The food was really tasty. It was like chili-mac from the mid-west. I only came to know of chili-mac as of yesterday when Hermana Byrhn said it to me when the food came out. Hermano Calarco is a little bit crazy. We jump from this tree with the swing beneath his feet. I have it on video and you can see it when I get home in a while. He let me try it too. I also met my first pineapple plant at the Calarco house. I never knew that they were red before they were brown. The bird's nest is just to show how excited Hermano Calarco gets when we come. He just wants to ? everything he has.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Your browser may not support display of this image.Your browser may not support display of this image.

I saw one of the swallows the other day and I wasn't quite sure how to feel.

I´ll make sure to take pictures of the swallows when they arrive.

I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. Lots of love. Chau

Elder Hunsaker

P.s. I did see Hermana Peruch in the conference. She told me that she had 6 months left and wasn't sure how she felt. I let her know how I felt about that. Haha. It was fun to see her and another elder from the MTC.

1 comment:

Tricia A. said...

Give me a brake! What kind of brake do you want for your car, bike...? Matt needs some extra help on his English!