Wednesday, November 19, 2008

R.S. Cooking Contest and Rockin' the Boat-Van

Howdy! 11-19-08

I have some wonderful news that will be even more wonderful when it becomes a reality. The news is that we have three baptisms set up for the 29th of this month. We are hoping that all goes well and that we end this transfer with a bang. Haha. Alejandro and Carla Cuevas and Victoria Sotelo are the participants in the baptism. Victoria is the daughter of a less active woman that has recently reactivated herself. We found Alejandro and Carla in the clapping sort of way. I really hope that they are able to keep this commitment.

This past Friday the R.S. had a cooking contest. Pres. Martinez, Elder Cavero, and I were the judges. Yumm. We had fun tasting and judging. The food was scrumptious. They had a selection of sweet and salty foods. There was a winner for the two types of food. The requirements were; Minimal Preparation, Few ingredients, Presentation, Flavor, and Creativity. The Rogel won the dessert prize and the Bomba de Papas won the normal prize. Here are the dishes.

Alejandro and Carla live in these buildings. This post was slight destroyed before but now it doesn´t even touch the ground. The wires above are the only things keeping it from falling. Alejandro called the power company but the said they couldn´t do anything because the post and wires belong to the telephone company. I suppose that in a couple of weeks we will be hearing about some kid that was electricuted or smashed due to the lack of attention given to this problem.

Today we made a short trip to Lavalle to eat with the Calarco family again. However, this time we made a visit to the river. We took a few photos and then we saw “the van”. Everyone wanted to take a picture standing on top but there wasn’t anyone to take the picture. I decided that I would take the picture and enjoy whatever mishaps that might occur. Nothing happened in the end and we were able to come away with a few good pictures. I hope you enjoy them. The water is really brown. I picked up some sort of a river plant and when it snap in half it left a very interesting smell on my hand that is still there as I speak/write.

We had some southern winds that came through with some cold air this past Saturday. However, the weather is back to being warm as it should be for the upcoming summer months (21 of Dec. to ?? of Feb). Christmas will be different with the warm weather. I believe that this will be my last transfer here in Goya. It won´t be that great of a Christmas if I get transfered but I don´t know if I can handle 9 months here. We´ll see what happens. I love you all and hope that things go great with the upcoming holidays. Happy Birthday to Tanner on the 21st. I´m sure I won´t be seeing a turkey on the table for Thanksgiving. Chau.

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: