Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Branch President asking for a favor! $$$

Hola Todos, 12-17-08

Well this has been a pretty good week. We had our district conference last Sunday and it went really well. I am trying to get the interviews planned with a few of the members that assist. This Saturday I have a good 2 hours set up with interviews. I´m thinking I may have a few callings to extend in some of those interviews.

This past Sunday,Virgilio Duarte received the Melchizedek priesthood. He was baptized with his wife about 4 months ago. He is a really great guy but lacks a lot of experience and I don´t believe he will be the branch president anytime soon. I´m thinking that he will be a great EQ president of himself and himself. His wife is the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. It was fun to have a part in the process of advancing in the priesthood.

I don´t know if I explained much about my companion in the previous letter. He is Elder Robertson, 20 years old, from Green River, Utah. He has that whole Roy Hafen accent going on for him. He has been out in the mission for 10 or 11 months. He says that Green River produces a lot of watermelons and that sparked my interest in his town.

I´ve decide that doing the clothes stomping during my shower is not the way to go if you want to clean your clothes. I would like to ask a favor from ten people (or a favor of 5 dollars from 20 people). The FAVOR is ten dollars so I can add a lavaropa (washing machine) to the pench. It would be a wonderful time and water saving addition. I am completely satisfied if one hundred people want to donate 1.50 dollars to the LAVAROPA donation corp. ¡POR FAVOR!

I will have a few photos for next week. Clorinda is a pretty calm place to be. Nothing really happens here and there really isn´t anything to do. Last night we made tortillas for a family. Even the neighbors came over to try some tortillas. Everyone loved them and we are planning on doing pancakes the next time.

The people here in Clorinda are fairly open to receiving us. With the majority of the people we can just ask to go in their yard without an explanation and they let us. The people just don´t have the highest understanding of things. They are really nice though.

We have our zone conference this Friday so I will be able to see a little bit more of Formosa capital. I may see some of the elders I knew in the MTC.

There is a man he named Jesué who makes watches with alligator skin. I will be sure to buy some and take a few pictures for Danny. They are pretty cool. He tried doing a scripture case from alligator skin but it just didn´t turn out so well.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and week. I´ll talk to you next week. Love you all.

¡¡¡¡HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELL!!!! I will try to be better at this.

Elder Hunsaker

No comments: