Thursday, December 4, 2008

New area in Clorinda, Formosa and being calling of branch president



Dear family, 12-04-08

I have finally made my way to Clorinda, Formosa. My area is about 15 minutes away from Paraguay. My branch is supposedly a branch of women and I am their Branch President. I found out that I would be the branch president when I arrived in the terminal in Formosa capital. I don´t even have a clue as of what to do. I will be starting the tithing settlements because the last two elders didn´t do anything with those. My mind is slightly wasted after traveling for so long so I hope that you all can understand this letter.
Here are the Cuevas and Lopez/Sotelo families the night of transfers. The first photo contains; Me, Alejandro, and Carla. The second photo contains; Victoria, Me, Emilce, and Leila. I have a video of Leila talking to all of my nieces and nephews. She reminds me of an Argentine version of Kennedy and Kauri.





In my trip here I passed through Corrientes capital and saw Elder Patton in the terminal. I was able to take a few pictures of Corrientes and the bridge to Chaco. After crossing the bridge I saw this sign and enjoyed it. In my traveling I passed through Corrientes, Chaco, and ended in Formosa. I felt welcome in Formosa after seeing the welcome sign. If only I knew the home means Formosa song (mom would have sung it for sure). The border patrol sign say that Formosa receives me (Formosa lo recibe).


THE CRUZ(cross)
Before receiving the call about transfers I was debating if I could take another transfer in Belgrano. I wanted to stay in Belgrano and help the branch out a little bit more. I would have had a nice Christmas there but oh well. It was a wonderfully long 7 ½ months (meses).



I will now be reading the church manuals day and night because I haven´t the slightest clue as to how to run a branch as branch president. We´ll see how this goes. I know that I will need the Lord more than ever if I am to succeed in this position. I believe that this calls for a little bit of humility. Thank you all for everything. I love you all and hope that you will pray for me a lot more now. Chau
Elder Hunsaker

No comments: