Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Address for letters and packages

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008
Ok, so it's been one hot week. We've been teaching a young lady for the past week and she came to church this past Sunday. Yesterday we gave her the baptismal commitment and she said she will except once she has prayed about it and feels it's right. So pretty much she is going to be baptized. Last p-day I bought my first soccer jersey. It is super comfy. I am in the Santa Clara branch here. The only rule for the internet is that we can only email through myldsmail. The address for letters and packages is:

Av. Rivadavia 323
Resistencia, Chaco 3500
Argentina

Yesterday we did service in the morning. We constructed a bamboo shower house for a woman in our branch who was showering in the open. haha. We had to chop down the bamboo shoots with machetes. I'll take pictures of it and send them next week. I finally experienced a little bit of rain here but it didn't last very long. We also met a family of 7 and we taught them the 1st lesson we will be returning this Saturday to follow up and continue teaching. They were really receptive. There are only like four things that people eat here. Pizza, Hamburgers, Milonesa, and Empanadas. There isn't much variety here. You can have plain milonesa or you can have sandwich de milonesa. Oh and they like to put eggs and mayo on everything. We have siesta from 12:30-4:00. Our president allows us to sleep if we finish eating and writing in our journals early. Next week for pday my zone is going to the ruins of san ignacio. That should be really fun. I love you all and I'll talk to you next week.

Elder Hunsaker


Elder Patterson trying to relieve his headache. Also an inside view of our apartment.


No comments were given regarding this picture. All I can say is GROSS! We'll have to add "stay alive and healthy" in our prayers from here on out. Too bad Darren's pest control can't be of service in Argentina.


The nice comfy soccer jersey I purchased during my last p-day.

No comments: