Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008

Dear Fam., Friends, Anybody.
Ok, so i have some big news.....I have two baptisms coming up on the 9th of Feb. Pamela(21) and her brother David(12) accepted the date and hopefully they will continue to go to church so they can be baptized. For dad`s needs. We have purified water that is delivered every Wednesday. So that should answer the pump question also. No have not taken the pills. I will start tomorrow but if they make me sick i wont be using them further. Yesterday in the sky there was a huge halo around the sun and my comp and i thought it was the second coming. The ice cream here is pretty tasty. i just thought you would like to know. Every Wednesday night at 6 my comp teaches English and i teach piano. The last two times people have not attended. Hope to have a good turn out tonight. San Ignacio has been postponed until next week so that we have more money in case there are cool things to buy there. We found 5 new investigators yesterday so i am pretty happy about that. The goal for the mission is to find and baptize one family( father, mother, kid(s)) every two transfers. They struggle to have worthy males in the wards and branches. It rained the other day and i sunk my foot into about 5 inches of mud and completely covered my shoe. They language is moving along i can understand some people. Love you all and hope all is well. By the way you can send more than just 4 packages a year. Some day i would love to have some peanut butter and other tasty food from the states. I know the message that we as missionaries carry is a message perfectly suited for whomever we meet. I can bring peace to those that have had a loved one pass away. It can bring direction to all that are lost. I know that it brings joy into families that truly care for one another. Because what other church has the authority to seal families together for time and for all eternity. I know this is the church of Jesus Christ. I love this gospel and the joy it brings. I love you all. Until next week.
-Elder Hunsaker

Photos:
Last night we had a birthday party for Elder Dickinson. He turned 21 and we celebrated with brownies, ice cream and a game of go fish. I bought a bag of Trix to give me a piece of home. haha. They were delicious. I was able to get some shots of the rainbow halo around the sun. In the birthday shot from left to right: E. Patterson, E. Fletcher, E. Dickinson, and me. E. Fletcher and Dickinson are our zone leaders. The elder in that one picture that I sent before is my comp when he had a really bad headache.

Nothing like a bag of TRIX to remind me of home!


Halo around the sun


E. Patterson, E. Fletcher, E. Dickinson, and me. E. Fletcher and Dickinson are our zone leaders.


Elder Dickinson's 21st Birthday party

No comments: